“It’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is every ready to do anything. There is no such thing as ready. There is only now.”
Day 2 schedule world language drop
- Birthdays: 2/15 Danny Brenner
|65 points||0 points||75 points||94 points|
Nicki Cusumano, a 9th grader, was awarded a Golden Key Award for her digital artwork titled “False Reflections” on Sunday, February 8th. Ellen Loflin was her art advisor. Nicki’s work is now on to Nationals
Shout out to all the athletes who participated in our winter sports. Great Job!
Looking for a volunteer opportunity? Our BTB Mining & Crafting: LEGO class is looking for an upper school student to help students in class on Mondays from 3 to 4 p.m. starting on February 23 and ending on May 4. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Summer Programs Lunch & Learn – Interested in doing something fun while building your resume this summer? Come hear from Cannon students about how they have made the most of their summer vacations. Different programs will be featured each Wednesday during lunch in Foundation Hall.
2/18 – Summer Academics
2/25 – Summer Adventures
3/4 – Summer jobs
The middle school dance is having a dance On Friday, February 20th from 7-9pm, “Lite Up the Nite” will take place in Taylor Hall. The dance will be chaperoned by middle school faculty and admin, but we welcome student volunteers for set-up (from 5:30-6:45pm) and clean-up (from 8:45 – 9:45pm). Please contact me with questions via email or use the Sign Up Genius link below to volunteer. Thanks for your support!
Lekisha LeBlanc – 7th/8th Grade Dean
There will be an interest meeting for the new Student Intern Network. Tuesday February 17th in Foundation Hall. The Student Intern Network is a:
- New leadership opportunity available to Upper School Students.
- Gives students the opportunity to intern within the different offices of Cannon. (Admissions, Advancement, and Athletics)
- Help students develop themselves as leaders, learners, and teach students how to navigate the professional world.
If you are interested in the following careers come to the interest meeting.
-Journalism -Finance -Non-Profit Work -Business -Photography -Cinematography-Public Relations -Social Media
Martial Arts Kick-A-Thon
See how many times you can kick a target in two minutes.
Saturday, February 28, 2015
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
Event fee is $5.00
All the money raised goes to St. Jude’s Hospital
2335 Concord Lake Road, Concord, NC, 28025
Concord Taekwondo America School
Win a $50 Amazon gift card and a trophy
The caption, “Can you kick like a girl?
* Mimi Wahid’s writing entry was chosen as a state winner in the North Carolina Reading Associations’ young Authors’ Writing Project. She will be honored at a celebration in Raleigh on March 14.
* Mimi Wahid, Lindsey Turbeyfill, Sean Lytle, Floris Stratman, Michael Dacus, and Kenny Clarke represented Cannon so well at the 2015 Cabarrus County All-County Honors Band.
There is lots for us to know! If you have something that you would like to share with the Cannon Upper school community, please email the information to Sramsey@cannonschool.org. All information must be received by 3pm to guarantee next day publication. Thanks for keeping us in the know!
After school events: