“ You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.” Gandhi
Day 1 English drops
- Birthdays: none today
|330 points||246 points||344 points||307points|
Shout out to the all of those who played beautiful Jazz music downtown this past weekend. Way to represent Cannon!
This is the last week to register for the Fall Princeton Review SAT Prep course at Cannon. The course runs 10/18/2014 through 11/22/2014 in preparation for the 12/6 and 1/24 tests.
Soccer SENIOR night is Thursday! Come support your seniors!
BV v Charlotte Christian 7PM Oct 9th.
Senior Drop In Help: Today, October 7th during English Drop in Room 616. College Counselors will be available all day to answer your college application questions.
If any student would like to send a personal thank you note to Mr. Avett , please bring your letter unsealed to Dean Ramsey by the end of the week. We will deliver your notes of appreciation . Thanks !
There is a bible study open to students of all grade levels here in the Upper school. It meets every Thursday at 7:30 am in Ms. Owens classroom. Please join us.
All are invited to donate used uniforms and costumes to help benefit needy children and families in our area. The costumes will be on sale Oct 8 from 12-6 in the private dining hall area and Oct 16 from 11:00-1:30 in the private dining hall as well. Please support our
“Spanish Club Hispanic Heritage Month Fact of the Day:
Indigenous people from Mexico believe the soul is eternal and that it can travel back and forth from this world and the next. The celebration of the Day of the Dead is based on the belief that the souls of their loved ones will come back and visit them…
Why did the chicken cross the road to PDQ and Tenders? To help raise funds for the arts at Cannon! PDQ at Concord Mills, a Cannon School Corporate Partner, and Tenders in Cornelius are joining with Cannon Advocates For The Arts (CAFTA) to help raise funds for the arts at Cannon. And we need your hungry tummy! On Family Day, Wednesday, October 15th take your hungry tummy to PDQ for lunch or dinner or a snack between 11:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. or to Tenders for lunch or a snack between 11:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., mention you’re from Cannon School, and 10% of the cost of your order will go to CAFTA to support the arts at Cannon. Dine in or Drive-thru, just mention you’re from Cannon. The classroom or advisory with the most participation will receive a FREE chicken tenders party! Thanks for supporting the arts at Cannon
- Students are prohibited from being in the building unless in the company of a faculty/staff member.
- Students are prohibited from accessing the audio-visual control booth unless in the company of the Event Technology Coordinator or other appropriate performing arts faculty member.
- Students are prohibited from accessing the cat-walk unless in the company of a faculty/staff member and after having received the proper training for working at heights.
- Students are prohibited from operating the theatrical sound and lighting equipment until they have received proper training.
- Except for water, food & drink are not allowed in the Performance Hall. Food is anything edible, including candy and gum. Special consideration will be considered for the cast, crew and other event personnel.
- Food & drink are permitted in the Campbell Gallery if in conjunction with a school-sanctioned event. Eating & drinking (except for water) in the Campbell Gallery outside of a formal event is prohibited.
- Art work to be displayed in the Campbell Gallery should be approved by the Visual Arts Director.
- For informal or outside events, use of the piano must be approved by the Music Arts Director.
- Affixing paper, signage or other objects to the walls of the Performance Hall and/or Campbell Gallery via tape, push pins, etc…is prohibited.
- Helium balloons are prohibited in the Performance Hall and Campbell Gallery.
Are you interested in running the lighting board in the CPAC for Cannon events? If so, our new Event Tech Coordinator Mr. Storr is giving introductory tutorials on the CPAC lighting system on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week from 11:30-12:00. If you want to run lights, you’ll need to attend at least one of these sessions.
Google Drives for Education are coming to Cannon!
We are happy to announce that students have been added to our google drive account and are ready to be set up.
In order to do this, all students will need to change their passwords to their computer/email accounts. An instructional video will be emailed to all students prior to the change date with a tutorial on how to change the password. Reminders will be added to the Cannon News show as well as announced in the Blog.
The schedule for password changes are as follows:
Tuesday October 14 – Freshman Class
Friday October 17 – Sophomore Class
Monday October 20 – Junior and Senior Class
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors please register on Family Connections to attend the following college representative sessions:
Oct 7 : Virginia Commonwealth University
Oct 8 : Salem College
Oct 9: College of Charleston and University of Notre Dame
Hey seniors! The US Aesthetic Committee is working on the banner that will hang in the senior lounge, as you may remember us talking about at Montreat. We need everyone to paint a symbol on the banner of something that represents you!
The banner will be in the commons from October 16th until the 23rd during lunch, as well as student choice on the 21st and 22nd. We need everybody to come and paint their symbol! If you do not show, we will write your name in your square for you. Thanks!
After school events:
Anyone interested in playing girls soccer in the spring is encouraged to attend these strength and conditioning workouts. These are joint workouts with other Cannon women’s sports teams (all held in new S&C Center):
More dates are to come! If you have any questions, email Kendall Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org.
// Cannon School | Calendar