Cannon’s campus has been bustling all summer with construction and renovation projects. One of the bigger undertakings has been the creation of the new Central Green. This project created one incredible lawn to unite all of our campus buildings and provides a much improved circulation route for families dropping off and picking up their children. Work on the Central Green will continue in the fall with a full landscape plan.
For now, we would like to provide information to help our families navigate the new layout of our campus when school begins August 18.
Parents dropping off their children at the beginning of the school day should simply follow the directional signage and enter the Central Green Circle to drop students off in front of their respective building.
Parents picking up children at the end of the school day, please note:
- Representatives from each division will be stationed around the Central Green Circle to assist with student pick-up.
- All parents are asked to place a placard with the Family’s last name and student division(s) in the dash of the car to help the carline attendees locate students quickly. (You can personalize and print your placard here.)
- The Loading Zone is located between the entrance of Taylor Hall and the entrance of the JrK-K wing; all students will be picked up from this location.
- Older students will be asked to make their way to the location of their youngest sibling(s) at dismissal time.
- Two rows of cars will enter the Loading Zone to wait for students’ arrival; once all students are loaded, the wave of cars will exit the Loading Zone allowing room for the next wave of cars to enter.
- If a student does not arrive to the Loading Zone while a parent is waiting, the parent should exit the Loading Zone with the wave and follow the circle to re-enter.
- Parents of Upper School students are encouraged to arrive around 3:15 p.m. as these students usually take longer to arrive to the Loading Zone.
- Parents should not leave their cars unattended while in the Loading Zone; Visitor parking is available for parents who need to enter the building during dismissal.
- Click here to view a rendering of the new circulation plan.
We appreciate your patience as we all learn this new process. If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail Whit Brown.