Cannon School participated in the annual Concord Christmas parade on November 23. The newly designed float looked phenomenal and festive—adorned with beautiful holiday decorations and carrying the Cannon dancers, Jazz Combo, and our Homecoming King and Queen, Christian Wilson ’14 and Angela Poffenbaugh ’14, all dressed for the occasion in Santa hats and holiday cheer.
Our dancers performed beautiful numbers and twirled ribbons for onlookers while the Jazz Combo added energy from their performances of Frosty The Snowman, Jingle Bells, and Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer. Brad Davis’s Jazz Combo included Alex Leck ’15, Dylan Housman ’16, Jesse Ojanen ’14, Max Krumdieck ’14, and Theresa Dornburg ’16. Melissa McDaniel’s dancers were Meghan Hendry ’16, Sierra Davis ’18, Anna Edwards ’18, Elizabeth Anthony ’18, Carolyn Mitlehner ’16, Hadley Neal ’19, Anna Redding ’15, Sarah Stamey ’18, and Gillian Ventura ’19. It was the perfect kick-off to the holiday season and a wonderful time was had by all.
Be sure not to miss several upcoming holiday performances:
- Chorus Concert tonight at 7:00 p.m. in Taylor Hall
- Band Concert on Thursday at 7:00 p.m. in Taylor Hall
- Cannon will participate in the North Mecklenburg Christmas Parade in Davidson on Saturday, December 7, at 1:00 p.m.
- Cannon dancers and a cappella groups will perform this Saturday, December 7, at 7:30 p.m. at the entrance to the Library during Christmas in Davidson
- Jazz Band will perform Saturday, December 7, at 8:00 p.m. at the DUMC Chapel during Christmas in Davidson