- Middle school baseball team traveled to Holy Trinity on Thursday. The Cougars went down 3-0 early on a bases loaded error, and Holy Trinity never trailed, winning 11-1. Cole Lippincott was the lone bright spot on offense with a 1-for-2 day and the lone RBI, which plated Tyler Ventura. On defense, Richard Lee made a great running catch late in the game, and the Cougars successfully executed a backdoor pickoff in the third inning when Mark Calcagno threw to Ryan Chandler with two men on. On the mound Calcagno threw strikes, as did Chandler in relief. However, seven errors on defense ended in only four of the 11 runs being earned. Calcagno threw first pitch strikes to 18 of 25 batters, and struck out 3 batters in four innings of work. He finished strongly, using only 9 pitches in the third and 7 in the fourth to finish his day.
The Cougars play again on Friday at home against Providence Day School at 4:15 pm.
- The middle school tennis team fell to Holy Trinity 5-4 in a very close match. The Cougars won their last match with them by the same score of 5-4, so this evens things up.
The scores were as follows:
Burke Riley (C) d Patrick Menkhaus 8-6
Chris Gaskin (C) d Lucas Oakley 8-1
Trip Goff (C) d Jacob Martinsen 8-3
Adam Clinard (C) fell to Cole Nelson 8-6
Mark Regney (C) fell to John Connery 8-0
Grant Wagner (C) fell to Jaret Andersen 8-4
Riley/Goff (C) d Menkaus/Marthinsen 9-8(5)
Gaskin/Clinard (C) fell to Nelson/Connery 8-5
Regnery/Wagner (C) fell to Oakley/Cole Deachinko 8-6
Erdogan Peer & Clayton Merrill (C) fell to their opponents 8-1.
Next Week Monday (4/11), the Cougars will host Charlotte Latin in a match scheduled for 4:30PM.
- The varsity golf team lost to Charlotte Christian by the score of 182 to 156 at the Peninsula Club on a sunny afternoon. The Cougars were led by Grant deGorter with a 41, followed closely by Jake Vowell with a 44 and Kate Collom with a 48. Next up for Cannon, is Charlotte Latin on Monday at The Charlotte Golf Links at 2:00 pm.
- The middle school golf team played Southlake Christian at Skybrook Country Club. The team had a great showing with Noah Edmondson medaling with a 34, Anthony Perrino was close behind with a 35, and Will Gordon with a 39. Annie Collom played very well with a strong 42, Anna Redding shot a 44, Uday Uppal finished up with a 53. The team had some excellent play yesterday at Skybrook GC against South Lake Christian finishing with a team score of 150. SLC has a young team and hopefully had fun playing against us.
- MS softball played a tough game Thursday against Holy Trinity. The final score was 4-14 with the loss going to the Cougars. The Cougars played a great offensive game with only four team strikeouts. Maryclaire Farrington had a great bunt to score a run in the second inning. Also, Rebecca Field and Amanda Harris had their first career hits. Top offensive stats were: Rachel Mazur OBA 1000, Taylor Marks OBA 667, Carolyn Mitlehner OBA 667, Amanda Harris OBA 500, Lexi Sisko OBA 500, and Bailey Middleton OBA 500. Great hitting girls. There were also a couple show stopping plays in the field. Carolyn Mitlehner and Jaqueline DeGorter finished a perfect double play. Rebecca Field was the star outfielder for the game, making an excellent catch in leftfield. Keep up the great work Cougars!
- MS soccer took on Holy Trinity yesterday. Despite putting forth a great effort in the heat, the team fell to Holy Trinity 0-5. The girls played well and were flexible with trying out new positions on the fly during the game. We look forward to building on this next week during our two home games: Monday VS Charlotte Latin at 4:30 and Tuesday VS Providence Day at 4:15. Come support your Cougars!
- The varsity baseball team loss 19-3 yesterday vs Charlotte Country Day. Leading hitters for Cannon were Eric Fromke, Thomas Price, John-Morgan Wilson, Ryan Creuzberger, Ryan Marks & Blaine McHale.
- Middle School lacrosse got down early to Holy Trinity. The Cougars would have a much better second half, but fell to the Bulldogs 10-2. The team faces Charlotte Latin on Monday at 4:15 pm.