Our Cougars will take the field for the opening night of varsity football on Friday, August 28 at 7:00 p.m. against First Assembly and we’re going to “BLACK OUT” the stadium!
To help you find your Cougar spirit:
- Cougar Football t-shirts will be available in the Cougars’ Den.
- The first 200 students through the gate will receive a spirit item.
- Cougar Club will be grilling and serving refreshments at the Randy Marion Family Field House and Kona Ice will be here to keep you cool.
- Remember to join PAC/Cougar Club for free admission to the game. Click here to join.
- Consider helping us make the athletic experience at Cannon be the best it can be by volunteering. Click here to sign up.
We are excited to welcome more than 150 new students into the Cannon School community this year!
Our new friends and classmates are making their way to Cannon from a variety of locations around the world including Canada, China, Finland, Germany, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Charlotte, Cornelius, Davidson, and Concord.
We encourage all new families to visit the New Family Resources page, which features a variety of helpful information and important school forms and documents—all in one place.
Among other information, the New Family Resources page includes links to:
- New Family and back-to-school event details
- School calendars
- Forms that require parent signatures
- Athletic forms and information
- Lunch menus and food service details
- Lower and Middle School supplies lists
- Text book lists
- Academic and dress code information
- Links to information related to health policies, Cannon’s Extended Day and After School Programs, and Beyond the Bell enrichment offerings
If you haven’t already, please be sure to “like” Cannon School on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. This is a great way to stay in touch with events and activities while making connections with other Cannon families.
Please contact the Admission Office at 704-721-7199 if you need more information about getting started at Cannon.
Again, we welcome all of our new families to the Cannon School community. We look forward to seeing you on campus soon!
Cannon School is launching a new website, which includes a new My Cannon portal. The transition to the new site will begin Friday, August 7, at 11:00 a.m. Certain features of the website might not be fully operational on Friday afternoon. If you need to access the My Cannon portal on Friday, please do so before 11:00 a.m.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Bob Aycock, Web Coordinator, at email@example.com or 704-785-3540.
Thank you for your patience while we complete the upgrade!
The Cannon School Admission Office invites new families to New Student Orientations on Friday, August 14.
- Junior Kindergarten Families
8:30 a.m. Parents drop students off at their classroom
8:45 a.m. Mrs. Michelle Alexander, Head of Lower School, meets with parents in the Cannon Performing Arts Center
- New Lower School Student Families (Kindergarten through Grade 4)
9:15 a.m. Cannon Performing Arts Center
- New Middle School Student Families
10:00 a.m. Cannon Performing Arts Center
Orientation is for all rising 5th grade students and parents, and all new 6th-8th grade students and parents
- New Upper School Student Families
11:00 a.m. Cannon Performing Arts Center
Orientation is for all rising 9th grade students and parents, and all new 10th-12th grade students and parents
We invite all families to visit the Dining Hall following your orientation time to attend the Information Fair. Here, you can:
- Turn in your medical forms
- Meet your bus driver
- Learn more about Parents At Cannon (PAC) and how to get involved
- Learn more about our Extended Day and After School Programs
- Learn more about Beyond the Bell Enrichment Programs
- Set up your Aladdin cafeteria account
- Visit the Cougars’ Den to purchase school attire
- And more!
We look forward to welcoming you to Cannon School!
In June 2016, Cannon School students will have the opportunity to visit London, Paris, and La Rochelle, south of Normandy for two weeks. They will visit famous sites in London, take the Eurotrain under the English Channel tunnel, visit monuments and museums in Paris, and participate in a home stay at a private school in La Rochelle. WorldStrides will be handling the tour logistics and the Institute will host and entertain our students while visiting their campus. The theme of this visit will be the teaching of science in a European school. The cost is estimated at $4,500. For more information, please consult this itinerary overview.
Students from the Saint-Louis Institute are planning to visit Cannon School in March or April 2016. We will be looking for families to host French students for a week stay. Please contact Dr. Simard-Newman for any information on the trip or hosting a student. She will organize an informational meeting in the fall.